Author Topic: Big Brother "Celebrity" logo  (Read 1115 times)

minncat

• Like/Dislike: 8
    • View Profile
    • Minncat Bytes
Big Brother "Celebrity" logo
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm just wondering how many will be "celebrities" that I won't even know who they are. I predict about 50%, but I admit I am a bit out of tune as to current "stars"

kingston

• Like/Dislike: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Big Brother "Celebrity" logo
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 03:37:56 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm just wondering how many will be "celebrities" that I won't even know who they are. I predict about 50%, but I admit I am a bit out of tune as to current "stars"

The on air "logo" is always different from the one they use in promotional materials leading up to the series...

Archer

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: 165
    • View Profile
    • Big Bro Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »
Glad they took about 30 seconds to make that lol

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »

I'll admit that it's not the best but again it's a promotional image... Surely the actual on air graphics package will be much better...

minncat

• View Profile
    • Minncat Bytes
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »

I'll admit that it's not the best but again it's a promotional image... Surely the actual on air graphics package will be much better...
And air quotes will be added to that one, too.
Seriously, I'm betting these "celebrities" will be has-beens that are looking for a career boost or unknown actors scheduled to star on upcoming new CBS shows.

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 12:32:44 AM »

And air quotes will be added to that one, too.
Seriously, I'm betting these "celebrities" will be has-beens that are looking for a career boost or unknown actors scheduled to star on upcoming new CBS shows.

You have no idea what you're talking about... As production has indicated on several occasions anything promotional is handled by CBS and they generally have little to do with it... The on-air graphics however ARE handled by the producers... So I suppose if AG and her crew liked the idea of quotations around the word "Celebrity" they'd keep it but they are under no obligation and likely won't...

As for the second assumption you're making the word "has-been" would imply that at one time said person was at least "famous" for something... Therefor the title of "celebrity" would still apply to them regardless of what their current standing is... You're a fool if you believe anyone who the public would consider an "A-list" or even "B-list" celebrity  would take be willing to take part in this...

Also CBS aren't likely to cast persons for this show that don't already come with some sort of notoriety... So it's safe to assume the likelihood of anyone "unknown" to the public taking part in this show is extremely low if at all... Regardless of how you want to view their use of the word it is still "Celebrity" Big Brother! It's hard to believe even with the loosest of definition that someone "unknown" would be considered enough of a celebrity to be cast...

My biggest concern going in to this is that CBS will take a page from the British series and cast an abundance of people who are only "famous" for having been a part of another reality show... The concept of this type of show really only works when the cast is made up of people who either have an active career or were at least at one time known for having had one... They need to be more than just someone who is essentially just "famous" for being "famous"... Even if I've never heard of them they generally make for much more compelling characters than reality wannabes doing anything they can for camera time...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:41:00 AM by kingston »

minncat

• View Profile
    • Minncat Bytes
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 12:08:00 PM »
You have no idea what you're talking about... As production has indicated on several occasions anything promotional is handled by CBS and they generally have little to do with it... The on-air graphics however ARE handled by the producers... So I suppose if AG and her crew liked the idea of quotations around the word "Celebrity" they'd keep it but they are under no obligation and likely won't...

As for the second assumption you're making the word "has-been" would imply that at one time said person was at least "famous" for something... Therefor the title of "celebrity" would still apply to them regardless of what their current standing is... You're a fool if you believe anyone who the public would consider an "A-list" or even "B-list" celebrity  would take be willing to take part in this...

Also CBS aren't likely to cast persons for this show that don't already come with some sort of notoriety... So it's safe to assume the likelihood of anyone "unknown" to the public taking part in this show is extremely low if at all... Regardless of how you want to view their use of the word it is still "Celebrity" Big Brother! It's hard to believe even with the loosest of definition that someone "unknown" would be considered enough of a celebrity to be cast...

My biggest concern going in to this is that CBS will take a page from the British series and cast an abundance of people who are only "famous" for having been a part of another reality show... The concept of this type of show really only works when the cast is made up of people who either have an active career or were at least at one time known for having had one... They need to be more than just someone who is essentially just "famous" for being "famous"... Even if I've never heard of them they generally make for much more compelling characters than reality wannabes doing anything they can for camera time...
LOL yes I quite often don't know what I'm talking about, but still I post.
First, I added those mocking quotes " " to the graphic, so no, I don't think CBS BB will use them on the show.
And I don't really expect any major celebrities to do this, but you never know .. didn't Tila Tequila do a celebrity BB?
When I hear them promote this as show as celebrity BB, I guess I half expect  someone currently semi-popular.  Yes they could have like, say Brian Dunkleman who has some past notoriety and would theoretically fit your definition as a celebrity, but really don't we hope for more when we hear the word celebrity?

(pssst .. that Tila Tequila comment was a joke)

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »

LOL yes I quite often don't know what I'm talking about, but still I post.
First, I added those mocking quotes " " to the graphic, so no, I don't think CBS BB will use them on the show.
And I don't really expect any major celebrities to do this, but you never know .. didn't Tila Tequila do a celebrity BB?
When I hear them promote this as show as celebrity BB, I guess I half expect  someone currently semi-popular.  Yes they could have like, say Brian Dunkleman who has some past notoriety and would theoretically fit your definition as a celebrity, but really don't we hope for more when we hear the word celebrity?

(pssst .. that Tila Tequila comment was a joke)

I'm really not that bothered with the lack of any real start power in these types of shows... I mean Pete Burns is by far one of my favorite CBB HM's and I had no idea who he was aside from the song "You Spin Me Round"... As I said before the real issue I take with shows like this is when they reuse people from other reality shows or dig up people how are litterally only "famous" for being famous...

nashy

• Like/Dislike: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 09:39:19 PM »
If these are the type of people posting here, this season will flop soft.