Author Topic: New House/Studio for BBCAN6  (Read 104 times)

kingston

• Like/Dislike: 0
    • View Profile
New House/Studio for BBCAN6
« on: November 05, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »

Looks like the previous studio space where the house was built has been sold forcing production to move for the third time since the series began... It's been reported that construction on the new house was started on October 24th...

Archer

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: 165
    • View Profile
    • Big Bro Forum
Re: New House/Studio for BBCAN6
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
I saw that on reddit as well and I' think it's a good thing if they play their cards right. The house needs more rooms to conspire in in my opinion. 3 bedrooms and a bathroom is all they really had and they sort of all connected to each other; the outside is locked majority of the time. All players had to do was sit in the living room and see who was talking where. They need more privacy to make bigger plays and not rely on twists to make the plays for them.

Secondly, with this past house, the house and stage were like a 10 minute drive apart. That's part of the reason that the eviction shows were pre-taped. Here's hoping they do not make that same mistake again, though that picture makes the space look so small to accommodate both :(

Sportsfan

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:18 PM »
I saw that on reddit as well and I' think it's a good thing if they play their cards right. The house needs more rooms to conspire in in my opinion. 3 bedrooms and a bathroom is all they really had and they sort of all connected to each other; the outside is locked majority of the time. All players had to do was sit in the living room and see who was talking where. They need more privacy to make bigger plays and not reply on twists to make the plays for them.

Secondly, with this past house, the house and stage were like a 10 minute drive apart. That's part of the reason that the eviction shows were pre-taped. Here's hoping they do not make that same mistake again, though that picture makes the space look so small to accommodate both :(

Totally agree. I am excited to see what they come up with for this! Also, great point about the House being separate from the studio. Hopefully they fix that in this rebuild...but then again, this is BBCan, so even if they are closer, evictions probably wont be live.

I also hope that this means we will get a few more seasons of they show, if they are investing money into building a new house. This was a very late development after they announced they were bringing the show back though, so they probably didn't have a choice. I do feel like hopefully the "hiatus" the show was going on was due to Celebrity BB and not an actual cancellation like people thought.
Come join us in our chat room! bit.ly/rbbqchat

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:52:18 PM »
I agree that hopefully the house has a bit more space than the previous... It's not likely to happen but my biggest wish is that they'd have a studio big enough to build a separate challenge area. That way the entire house would remain open... I also hope they're able to keep the two floor concept... 

Sportsfan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:49:48 AM »
The second challenge area would be awesome, but yeah, probably not likely. I also hope they are able to build an outdoor spa area, because it is always cool to seem them chilling outside when it snows lol

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 05:38:15 PM »
The second challenge area would be awesome, but yeah, probably not likely. I also hope they are able to build an outdoor spa area, because it is always cool to seem them chilling outside when it snows lol

I have no doubts about the outdoor spa returning... What would be nice is having that area accessible to HG's when the house is on lock down for challenge set-up etc... 

Sportsfan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »

I have no doubts about the outdoor spa returning... What would be nice is having that area accessible to HG's when the house is on lock down for challenge set-up etc...

This would be awesome. Great point.

I wish they would start an ad campaign where they set up a camera in the corner of the studio so we could watch the house being built, cause I am so excited to see what they do with it!

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »

This would be awesome. Great point.

I wish they would start an ad campaign where they set up a camera in the corner of the studio so we could watch the house being built, cause I am so excited to see what they do with it!

Watching the progress as it happens would be great... Let's hope they are somewhat generous with releasing pictures of the house as it progresses...

kingston

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 10:37:04 PM »
Another design element that I think might be worth trying is closing off the kitchen and possibly dining area in a room of it's own like they have in international series... BB CAN never use the dinning table for any of the ceremonies and space is such a premium in the BB CAN house anyways... It could turn that area in to something like the current bathroom and storage room and provide more space for HG's to congregate and chat somewhat privately...  And they can still have an open plan living room area...

Ideally I'd like to see what could happen if the kitchen and dinning area was detached from the actual house like they have had in BBAU... But due to the fact that house is on lock down so much it's impractical...

I also liked a "dressing room" from BBAU 2014 that served as the entry room to the two bedrooms... It would basically provide additional storage for HG's items and I'd add a make-up/dressing table with hair dryers and strainers and comfortable seating... 

A nook, a "snug", or a tree-house space I think would also get used quite I bit if it were in the right space...

I'd also love to see the HM's enter and exist the house through the "backyard" for a change... Although unless they have challenges in a separate area of the house this likely never happen...   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:11:39 PM by kingston »