Author Topic: Steaming Pile of Stupid.  (Read 1101 times)

Teclo

• Like/Dislike: 16
    • View Profile
Steaming Pile of Stupid.
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »

This is perhaps a rewind of the lamest season ever thread but, as someone who enjoys the social masterminds of the game and the intricacies of strategy....this cast has me wanting to do myself in. 

We're half way through the season and they've left 2 (almost 3) showmances in, someone who's injured and can't compete, and a vet.   And those people don't seem to be tops on anyone's radar for any game playing reasons. 

Alex, who seems to be one of the more strategic players,  randomly says messed up stuff about how things are a personal attack on her.   I'm pretty sure Jessica dressing up like Ariana Grande has nothing to do with her wanting to copy Alex's cat ears.   I might be wrong though -shrug.    I truly suspect if she were forced to play a hard strategic game, we'd see cracks from that sort of thing, but I'm fairly confident at the half way mark that we won't get the chance. 

Josh can't play a strategic game, come on.   I'm pretty sure production puts someone like Josh in to annoy everyone every season to see if they're REALLY going to let people impossible to live with float to the end like Victoria. 

Elena just likes to look at herself in all the pretty mirrors, adjust herself and pose accordingly.   If she really had to play, she wouldn't be able to concentrate on strategy and how she is holding herself at the same time.   

Mark is too immature, and too insecure to ever pull off anything.   Token beefcake?  Meh.

Matt, Christmas, Jason, = waste of oxygen.   All blanks in the relative gameplay imo.   

Raven is a good match for Matt.   Completely incapable of masterminding her way through a sandwich.  She's apparently in the cast as a personal payback to someone in audio who has to moderate her squeal and scream in a high pitch 24/7. 

When we first "met" Kevin, I thought, this poor bastard doesn't stand a chance.   And yet, he's probably got more game than anyone.  I don't think that's a good thing. 

And Paul, who is strategically owning the game, is incapable of a finessed strategy.   His gameplay is 100% social, to just work over and coerce the entire house into following him like sheep to the slaughter.   At this point, he deserves to win just because everyone else is stupid enough to let him.   

I'm still in camp Cody.  He's a jerk no one likes, I get it but he was screwed by production since week 1, and he's the only one besides Alex that shows a sliver of playing his own game.   I also think Jessica cost Cody his game, not vice versa, as shown when she refused to try to play to the end, and flip the house on Elena.   Dr. Will and Evil Dick should have shown any superfan that when you're the biggest target, it's a ticket to the end if you can play it off. 

Already waiting for next season.... 

Flumper

• Like/Dislike: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Steaming Pile of Stupid.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »
brilliant observations and very well said.  And looking at your avatar of Britney with the eye roll face makes it even sweeter.

Flipper

• Like/Dislike: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »
Pretty much nailed it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The casts off BB are never shining examples of emotional maturity, but this season seems particularly infantile in that department.  I just don't understand how the folks in charge of selecting who's going to be a house guest each season can be so clueless.  Choosing intelligent, socially competent, and emotionally balanced people would provide for a much more interesting show in my opinion.  There'd still be plenty of drama for sure, it just wouldn't be so ridiculously immature.  And there sure as hell would be a lot more actual strategizing, rather than just random lip service to strategy

Edited by NS. Combined Back to back posts. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:32:43 PM by NightShade »

Flumper

• Like/Dislike: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 09:25:47 AM »
The casts off BB are never shining examples of emotional maturity, but this season seems particularly infantile in that department.  I just don't understand how the folks in charge of selecting who's going to be a house guest each season can be so clueless.  Choosing intelligent, socially competent, and emotionally balanced people would provide for a much more interesting show in my opinion.  There'd still be plenty of drama for sure, it just wouldn't be so ridiculously immature.  And there sure as hell would be a lot more actual strategizing, rather than just random lip service to strategy

The casting of Christmas has surprised me.  I got the feeling that she was cast to be a fan favorite and they were betting all their cards on her to make this season great.  But production hasn't really done her any favors to help her game.  They aren't steering her with strategy or setting up comps in her favor.  nothing.  Even that temptation she got was incredibly lame when compared to the other temptations.  And then they let her use her temptation to help paul and screw jessica/cody.

Flipper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
I was super disappointed in her for using the temptation just to placate Paul. I do still have hopes for her though.

Now that I think of it though, I guess she left that up to Josh

Edited by NS. Combined Back to back posts.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:34:00 PM by NightShade »

Ferno

• Like/Dislike: 62
  • Ultimate Hot Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 09:50:41 AM »
I think people want to focus too much on the negativity and lose sight of what the real thing is that's going on.

First. How do you strategize when no evictions are really happening?
How do you get a vet out when they have 18 layers of protection?
How can Xmas be a fan favorite or great player when she was accidentally injured and, effectively, removed from competing?
How can you break up showmances when production loves them and protects them?
How can you make the game exciting when there is no relative change in dynamics for a month and a half?
How can you judge how the contestant will react to being cut off from their normal life stimuli?
How can you be assured that the person selected for the game isn't putting on a huge front during casting, etc?
How can you not justify adding in a vet with a known personality?

See, it's difficult for the game to be formed, make interesting, and keep interesting.

I think that production failed this year in keeping the dynamic the same for multiple weeks in a row. These safety measures aren't a twist this year. This year the twists are the norm. Each twist is just another way to avoid an eviction that week.
You don't want to know what I REALLY think

AAngel

• Like/Dislike: 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »
Ferno, that was very well said.  Why the hell Christmas used her temptation is beyond me she couldn't even play.  So it just ended up in Paul getting his way again.  Cody has got nothing but screwed this season and not in a nice way.
There are things known and things unknown and in between the doors

Jim Morrison

Flipper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
Good points ferno, except for the part about judging how the contestants will react to house life. Obviously that's not an exact science, but the slightest inkling of insight into human nature would go far I think. Reasonable minds may differ on that though.

ThatGuyThere

• Like/Dislike: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »
I think Christmas had potential but the broken foot pretty much eliminated her as a competitor, that is also why she will likely last a while.
If I was in the house she would be one of the last people I would target, at least one of the Final HoH comps is psychical and usually two of them have some physicality while the third is usually pure mental/memory, the smart play is to try to get there with the one person you are guaranteed to beat due to medical reasons is possible. The check is not bigger if you are challenged more so the smart play would be to do as little as possible to get the money.
While I do not usually agree with him on house guests we like, Bobby(somenumbers)  is exactly right when he says that the best play until the end it to not be a target.

OrsonRockwell

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »
So this the token Cody love thread? 

kaykay

• Like/Dislike: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »
Steaming Pile of Stupid....I love it.

I don't like Cody and I didn't quite get their plan of "I am safe, Jess is staying on the block"...that deal whatever it was..."We're right where we want to be...." and I thought whaaaaa?

Only one of the two could stay because what Cody DID learn, is showmances are problematic. So, they eliminated their own. Gotta start somewhere.

He's pouty....waiting to see who comes to him and says what...most of it is BS. Not much to work with, I have to admit. He still has his only stand-bys in Mark and Elena and they are tentative. That has to be scary. Kevin is iffy, he suddenly went into a weird crisis. Christmas is a no go if Cody saves Elena and he should if he wins POV.

Alex is just playing the same game Kevin is. Either Paul has to go or Cody has to go and neither gives a shit how it happens as long as it isn't them who initiates anything or gets blamed for it.

Cody will win POV if it kills him. And just like he said to Jess, if he doesn't win HOH this week, he only has one more shot to do anything...after that he is done.

He might want to play grab ass auction butt, whatever it takes, to bring Jason back on board.

kinsesu

• Like/Dislike: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
Bye-bye Cody.  He didn't get drawn for POV.  Most likely he will be backdoored this week. 

I think his only play at this point is to convince other HG's to keep him because no one will vote to give him the $500k in F2.   

Ferno

• Like/Dislike: 62
  • Ultimate Hot Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 01:22:04 PM »
He'd have to actually talk to peeps for that to happen

You don't want to know what I REALLY think

sobeit

• Like/Dislike: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 01:40:49 PM »
Bye-bye Cody.  He didn't get drawn for POV.  Most likely he will be backdoored this week. 

I think his only play at this point is to convince other HG's to keep him because no one will vote to give him the $500k in F2.   

Cody is toast.  Too bad, so sad.  It was nice seeing him laugh and interact with others.  His only chance was to win TC or veto.  Even if he had not gotten into a showmance with Jessica, his fate was sealed when he went rogue and put Paul up without getting the numbers.

Would love to see Cody and Jessica in TAR. 

kinsesu

• Like/Dislike: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »
He'd have to actually talk to peeps for that to happen
  LOL.. .. true enough.  For sure. . .  these stupid HG's can't figure that out for themselves.  Pretty sad.  Hell, I'd drag him to F2 any way I could. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:13:20 PM by kinsesu »